Understanding Your Visitors
It is crucial and essential for you to have a good understanding of your visitors or customers. You have to research a bit about who are your visitors and what they expect from you. You should also research on your competitors and their visitors. You cannot make a website that pleases everyone. So, you need to focus on the fondness of those you most wanted to reach.
Try to understand through these examples:
- Are they mostly female or male, or the percentage of female and male visitors is same?
- At what phase of life they are at now? Do they work or study? They are married and have children? Are they senior citizens? Are they children? The kind of website design that appeals will vary widely by background and age.
- How much sensitive are they to pricing? How much disposable earning could they spend with you?
- What are they interested in outside of your site? Can you use any ideas from popular literature or culture that might appeal to them?
- Beginners will require more reassurance to make the most of your website, but experts will happy to be fearless and experimental about making mistakes. It is all about how experienced are they at using the internet.
- Where do they use the internet? Do they view your website at leisure at home? Do they sneak a quick surf at work? Or they pay by the minute in an internet cafe?
- What kind of devices do they use to visit your website? The beaten-up old computer or the latest trendy mobile device?